Strengthening Community Resilience to Armed Conflicts between Pastoralists and Farmers in the Benue Valley is a project implemented by the Catholic Diocese of Makurdi Foundation for Justice, Development and Peace (FJDP) with financial support from Misereor, Archen Germany. It is designed to strengthen resilience of populations within communities affected by herder-farmer conflicts by enhancing their ability to prevent future escalation of conflicts, resist renewal of conflicts, absorb shocks created by conflicts, adapt to the impact of the armed conflict, respond to the needs and challenges created by the situation; and above all recover positively.
The SCORE Programme as it also known shall be implemented in Nzorov, Uvir and Nyiev Communities in Guma LGA in Benue State and, Jangaru, Mandaki, Kanje Communities in Awe LGA in Nasarawa State of Nigeria.
- Pastoralists and Farmers actively engage in Psycho-trauma healing process and change attitudes, behaviours and practices towards rebuilding their lives
- Communities affected by conflicts between pastoralists and farmers actively engage in economic activities and become self-reliant in meeting basic resilience needs
- Communities mobilize resources and adequately secure pastoralists and farmers from armed conflicts and pervasive threats to their resilience
The project will contribute to improving the capacities of populations to:
- Absorb effects of protracted armed conflicts;
- Adapt to the situation created by armed conflict and;
- Transform the situation towards stability.